- Happy September! Summer is NOT over yet …until we cannot cycle in shorts and tank tops anymore. Last year, I was still riding in barely nothing until mid-October. I hope this year’s season will last as long … but that also means more tanlines.
If I wasn’t deathly afraid of creepy crawlies, I’d get into gardening (or better yet, Boyfriend should get into gardening because I would probably kill cactus). Fresh and homegrown veggies taste so much better than the store-bought, GMO-laden stuff. I’m totally spoiled by the difference in taste with the homegrown produce… once you taste it, the other stuff just isn’t the same anymore.
- The Whistler Gran Fondo tapering plan I wrote in my last entry is no more!! My knee started flaring up again after my ride on Saturday when we went up to Mount Seymour and the base of Grouse Mountain so I’m going to rest more… and spend even more time on foam-rolling and stretching.
- On Tuesday, I did 1 minute sprints on the bike with compound exercises in between (kettlebell swings / high pulls / renegade rows / single-legged deads, etc). I actually got up at 6am to do the Grind, got ready and even made coffee— then I looked out the window and it was pouring. So I went back to bed.
- The rest of my workouts this week will be low intensity and light spins.
- I pulled a muscle on my right calf at the gym. Ugh.
- But honestly, I’m not worried about the Gran Fondo. I’m more worried about our Mt. Baker ride the weekend after.
- I’ve been doing way less cardio and eating a LOT more carbs the last couple of weeks and I’ve been getting so. much. leaner. Proof that cardio makes me fat! And that complex carbs are so good for you.
- My life is being ruined by Dr. Who.
- But I’m gladly letting Dr. Who ruin my life because by this time next month, I’ll be so busy with projects I won’t be able to breathe— and even worse, I won’t be able to workout as much! Sigh.
Health, diet and exercise round up:
- 6 Truths About Exercise That Nobody Wants to Believe
- Careful, These Foods Could Hook You 10 Ways To Ditch Your Cravings for Sugar, Salt, and Fats
- 4 Tiny Changes to Your Diet That Will Make a Big Impact
- 10 Unbelievable Diet Rules Backed by Science
- Why I Gave Up Paleo
- 10 Things You Might Not Know About Caffeine
- 4 Tricks for Remembering Anybody’s Name
- My favorite recipe of the week: Apple Spice Cupcakes