When you’re at the gym, you’re expected to workout because that’s why you are there in the first place. Unfortunately, that’s also a place where many slack off and not push themselves hard enough. If you’re not working out hard enough, you’re only wasting your own time! Are you really pushing yourself?
How to tell you’re not working out hard enough:
- Your make up and false eyelashes still look perfect when you leave the gym
- You’re reading a book while on a cardio machine
- You are chatting vibrantly with the person next to you on the treadmill
- You are breathing normally
- You’ve been lifting the same weights for past year
- You’ve been working out all your life and have never made any progression
If you leave the gym knowing you still have some left in you, you did not workout hard enough. Make an effort to GIVE IT YOUR ALL during every workout because when you don’t, you should be asking yourself, “what am I doing here?” You’re here to make yourself better, faster and stronger so take off your make up, get off your phone and start breaking a sweat! Make sure you set attainable goals along the way to mark progression and even invest in a heart rate monitor to ensure you are working out hard enough.
How bad do I want this? Am I working harder than the person who will be standing next to me?