Black forest cake is one of my favorite desserts and I’ve been constantly craving it, no thanks to my best friend. Here is a recipe for a healthy black forest cake I made the other night and it’s filled with lots of protein from… black beans!
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp almond flour
- 2tbsp almond milk
- agave nectar (or other sweetener) to taste
- a pinch of salt
- pinch of baking soda
- Blend all together until batter is smooth.
- Pour into a greased mug
- Cover with saran wrap (if you don’t, watch out for an explosion in your microwave!).
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Take out of mug and cut the cake into thin layers.
- Layer with cherry filling, whipped cream and enjoy!
For the filling:
You can either use fresh or frozen cherries and heat up in a small pot with sweetener of your choice OR use canned cherry filling (although this will probably be high in sugar and add extra calories).
For the whipped cream:
Beat your own with full-fat cream or you can be lazy like me and use full-fat whipped cream from the spray cans. Do not use fat-free because it’s filled with sugars and chemicals to make up for all that fat.