- This month has been a whirlwind and I didn’t even realize it’s almost over!
- I did my second Grouse Grind of the season this morning! I hang my head in shame because by this time last year, I already did the Grind about 10 times.
- Last year, my co-workers and I were super committed and did the Grind every single week.. and even went at 6am on weekends if we missed one. This year I’m not as committed because I want to spend all my free time cycling! Time is too precious to not be doing the things you love love love. But I bought a pass anyway so I will still be going.
- I’m thinking of taking the clips off my bike so I can Bike and Grind more often this year and not have to carry extra shoes up. Or is that a valid excuse to buy a new bike?
- The past couple of months, I’ve been dealing with leg pain which was a result of a tight IT band. I’ve been stretching and rolling the crap out of it (along with everything else— hamstrings, quads, calves and glutes of course) and it has dramatically improved. All these weird pains I use to get in my lower-body are slowly disappearing.
- I signed up for Tough Mudder this year but I transferred my registration to next year because of the knee pain.
- Plus I spent all my time cycling or lifting weights that I only ran TWICE this year. Tough Mudder is all about running so if I did it this year, I would’ve walked the entire course because I didn’t want to risk injury to my legs… which would stop me from biking!! I’m so glad I didn’t do it because I would have not enjoyed it since I would’ve been so worried about injuries. Next year, I will try to get some real runs in before the event.
- My S3 screen has been cracked since last November and I FINALLY got it fixed. Every time I decided to do it, something came up like I went out and bought a new stem for my bike instead. I mean I can still use the phone and the cracks didn’t bug me… cycling and fitness is just sooooo much more important. And it doesn’t help that performance gear and equipment is so. Damn. Epensive.
- I also broke my laundry machine a couple months ago because I totally overloaded it but I FINALLY bought a new one! Damnit. That means I have to start doing my own laundry again (Boyfriend always took it to his place and did it for me). Sigh.
- I’m looking forward to my first long weekend of the year! Although I don’t really have plans except for lunch dates, freelance work, bike rides and a ton of eating. But that’s just the way I want it.
At 24CARATINC, we teach you to be the CEO of your own life, and how to live it unapologetically and effortlessly.
We are all about doing what you love and staying in your own lane. Extreme self-awareness and curiosity is your biggest superpower. Plant seeds. 🌱
My background is in tech but now I am an expert on productivity-hacking, motivation, accountability, coaching, nutrition, and living a happy yet disciplined and committed lifestyle— and I’ve been doing so “effortlessly” for well over 10 years.
After years of studying and applying this skill we call DISCIPLINE, I’ve learned how important it is to be consistent to inspire others through implementing and cultivating good habits.
This is my journal and honestly I write but I rarely proofread. I don’t have time, and I gave up perfection a long time ago. I have been practicing this art of putting my thoughts on paper (or the web) since my mom gave me my first diary when I learned how to write. Just like my life, this journal is not perfect.