When I started working out…
- I lifted baby weights and never significantly increased it.
- I did too much cardio. I was more scrawny than lean.
- I use to be an Elliptical queen.
- I never went to the gym with a plan.
- I use to go during off hours because I didn’t feel confident at the gym.
- I use to avoid the free weights area because I didn’t know what to do. I would only do cardio and maybe a couple of weight machines.
- I would literally bring one of my 1000+paged fantasy trilogy novels and read it while “sweating” it out on a cardio machine. I was definitely not working out hard enough.
- I would have a great workout in the morning (usually 30 minutes on the Elliptical and some weight machines with light weights) and then I would reward myself with a big breakfast of hash browns and the my favorite breakfast wrap at my company’s cafeteria. These days, I still eat hash browns and breakfast wraps but I deserve it more now than I did back then because my workouts are much more intense.
Looking back at my fitness-self then and now, I’ve definitely come a long way. I lift heavy, I reduced my cardio and mainly do HIIT, I have a nice variety in my workouts, I push hard every session and I have 100% confidence in the gym. We all had to start somewhere!