Things I Love Thursday is back!! I don’t think I’ve done one of these in years.
- Morning Bike Rides. Nothing beats getting up to ride! I found that I was the least grumpy on days I bike to work in the mornings and after downing a cup (or two) of Vietnamese coffee, I’m ready to take on the world.
- My new clipless pedals! I can’t believe I only made the jump now but I’m glad because I can totally tell the difference it has made to my riding. I can ride up hills on a much higher gear than usual and still have some breath left in me at the top. It’s also nice to feel other parts of my legs burn rather than just my quads. I still have trouble clipping in though but being the uncoordinated person that I am, I will probably always have that problem for life.
- Yummy lunches. I haven’t been bringing my own lunch to work this entire month since I’m doing so much overtime so I’ve been eating really well— maybe too well. It makes me think I’ve been eating rabbit food all these years for lunch! But really, I’m lazy and my homemade lunches are quick, simple and cheap salads.
- Bunnies. Especially ones that goes by the name of Pavlova and Toast! Having pets at work is also another secret to getting through a long work day.
- Vietnamese coffee. I recently bought a cute little coffee dripper for work and Boyfriend got me a box of Trung Nguyen coffee (the Starbucks of Vietnamese coffee). My secret to getting up at 5am, cycling to work, having tons of energy for workouts and working 12 hour days (which is NOT the norm for me as our usual work days start at 10am) is Vietnamese coffee! It is the only thing that gets me through the day without wanting to kill someone by 3pm. I drink it sans the condensed milk although I do have some in my fridge at work and do indulge on certain days.