- Just because something is labeled sugar-free does not mean it’s healthy. They will be loaded with artificial sweeteners instead which maybe even worse for you.
- Just because something is labeled gluten-free does not mean it’s healthy. Don’t fall for sneaky food marketing!
- Counting calories is a great tool to use as training wheels to learn more about diet and nutrition— but not something you should obsess over.
- Egg whites are low-calorie and packed with protein but the yolk is really where it’s at. Don’t be afraid of whole eggs! They taste better anyway.
- If you don’t like something, stop doing it.
- The best kind of cardio is one that doesn’t seem like a workout.
- Your body burns calories simply to exist. If you aren’t meeting your daily caloric needs, you could slow down your metabolism and deprive your body of essential nutrients.
- Calculating your BMR is the first step to weight loss. Second step is adding a calorie deficit to your diet.
Being disciplined won’t get you long-lasting results. Building habits will.
- Aim for small accomplishments (eating breakfast everyday) over fast results (fasting & P90x).
- Talking to yourself and having a positive mindset is scientifically proven to work.
- Recovery is a part of being fit and healthy as much as diet and exercise.
- Your foam-roller, massage therapist and physiotherapist is your best friend.
- Being fit is simply awesome.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.