- Just because something is labeled sugar-free does not mean it’s healthy. They will be loaded with artificial sweeteners instead which maybe even worse for you.
- Just because something is labeled gluten-free does not mean it’s healthy. Don’t fall for sneaky food marketing!
- Counting calories is a great tool to use as training wheels to learn more about diet and nutrition— but not something you should obsess over.
- Egg whites are low-calorie and packed with protein but the yolk is really where it’s at. Don’t be afraid of whole eggs! They taste better anyway.
- If you don’t like something, stop doing it.
- The best kind of cardio is one that doesn’t seem like a workout.
- Your body burns calories simply to exist. If you aren’t meeting your daily caloric needs, you could slow down your metabolism and deprive your body of essential nutrients.
- Calculating your BMR is the first step to weight loss. Second step is adding a calorie deficit to your diet. Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the number of calories required to keep your body functioning even when you are doing absolutely nothing (it’s best to go to a specialist to get an accurate measurement).
Being disciplined won’t get you long-lasting results. Building habits will.
- Aim for small accomplishments (eating breakfast everyday) over fast results (fasting & P90x).
- Talking to yourself and having a positive mindset is scientifically proven to work.
- Recovery is a part of being fit and healthy as much as diet and exercise.
- Your foam-roller, massage therapist and physiotherapist is your best friend.
- Being fit is simply awesome.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.