I LOVE cycling and it’s worth all the annoyances I am about to list …so here are things that annoy me about cycling:
- Commuting with my clipless pedals and bike shoes. I live downtown and have to bike through the hilly city. Very annoying having to unclip all the time and freaking out about not being able to clip in when the intersection is at the bottom of a steep hill. So I guess the ONLY solution for this problem is to buy a new bike (yay) so I can put the regular pedals back on this bike. Sigh! Cyclist problems.
- Having to check my tire pressure before every ride. I don’t do it before all rides because I get lazy but I’m always scared of getting a flat.
- Changing a flat. I have a major confession: I’ve never changed a flat on the road. I did it once at home for practice then hurt my finger part way (don’t ask) so Boyfriend finished the rest. Plus I got lazy and bored. I know how to change a flat… just never completely changed one. This is how you know I’m just a total wannabe cyclist (that carries bus fare).
- Pedestrians not looking and walking into a bike lane. Luckily, I haven’t dealt with many stupid drivers but there are many stupid pedestrians mindlessly stepping into the bike lanes downtown. Some are looking down at their phones and some just don’t realize it’s a bike lane. Sigh.
- Being a cyclist. Because everyone hates cyclists (especially roadies) and we generate the most anger from legions of angry people in 4000lb machines. AND I hate cyclists when I’m in pedestrian or driving mode too. Well not all cyclists— only the ones that makes us all look bad. :( But that doesn’t mean I will stop cycling!