I was given a bottle of Myothon by Vitality Science to test a couple months ago. I hoped use it on a couple of hard end-of-summer rides but unfortunately, my IT band totally failed on me so I wasn’t able to do anything long and intense for a while.
To me, working out is completely mental so I am very skeptical about supplements. If my mindset is there, nothing can stop me and I rarely have “low energy” at the gym. I do everything with the mentality of “go hard of go home” (which can be good and bad) and I’m extremely lazy about remembering to take supplements. I drink protein shakes like once a week and pre-workouts do not work for me (since I really only need my mind).
The last couple of months have been pretty brutal for my body because I was constantly sore, something was aching, my hip flexors and IT band was still being a pain in the ass. I really began taking recovery more seriously mainly by actually resting (a.k.a. no working out), lots and lots of massages where some are painful but others are just a good half hour nap time I get to take at work and now… Myothon.
Note that these are 100% my own views. If you’re interested, there is a code for 11% off at the bottom of this entry but in the meantime…
Myothon in a nutshell:
- Blend of branch chain amino acids (BCAA) and also includes the remaining five essential amino acids for everything from mental recovery to sleep quality to fat metabolism.
- Pill form = convenience.
- Allows you to train harder, recover faster and perform better.
- Pure amino acids which means no calories per serving.
- Worst side effect for taking too much Myothon is gas because they are just amino acids.
- No binding agents, caffeine and added sugar.
- 99% Amino Acid Uptake (percentage of amino acids from a protein that are used instead of being converted into carbohydrate and waste).
- Almost 6x more efficient than whey or casein at providing building blocks for protein synthesis and almost no metabolic waste.
- Improves atheletes’ endurance.
- Improves ability to clear lactic acid by 1500% decreasing fatigue and soreness associated with demanding training.
- Recommended 5 pills half an hour before training and 5 pills immediately after for recovery.
- Enters bloodstream in an average of 20 minutes.
- Myothon is a result of 10 years of research.
- Vitality Sciences sources the same manufacturers that produce medical grade components for IVs in hospitals around the world.
- I’ve been taking Myothon inconsistently for the past month or so. I am just bad at taking supplements on schedule.
- I think over the course of the month, my workouts have actually gotten better and I’ve been able to push harder.
- It was especially evident this past week when I was sleeping at 3am every night but I had so much energy during the day. BUT… was it just from Myothon?
- I usually took 3 pills for less intense workouts and 5 when I was planning to go ALL out.
- Soreness seemed to have went away a lot faster.
- Feeling less tired during the day BUT I don’t know if it was from Myothon since it could be due to many other factors.
- I had some amazing HIIT sessions on my bike with these but again, I’m not sure if it’s because of Myothon.
- I’ve had a couple workouts where I don’t feel like Myothon did anything either but apparently, Myothon ‘really shines is when you’re pushing up against your limits.’
- I hated choking down those big and uncoated pills. But they were a lot more convenient than a shake (and one less shaker bottle to wash).
- The pills really stink! Kind of like opening a bottle of fish oil capsules (but not as bad).
- Can’t say for sure that Myothon really helped with the extra energy because I drink a lof of coffee and eat a lot of nutritous food.
- I’m pretty sure it did help speed up my recovery. I was usually still sore the day after my workouts but it was milder and went away a lot faster.
“The important thing here is getting a baseline for recovery.”
- Can be pricey at $45/bottle.
- If you are training hard for a big race or just work out a lot, Myothon maybe more beneficial and worth your money. They also have a 100% guarantee.
- Wish I had this during the summer for all those long rides to see if they are really that effective.
- Myothon can help to aid performance and recovery but you should never forget good old nutrition and proper rest (as with all supplements).
Myothon retails for $45/bottle on their website but if you type in the code ifknlovefitness, you will recieve 11% off.