I’m out of the gym for at least 2-3 weeks and I have a valid excuse that’s health/medical related and I’M DYING. I don’t know how you exercise-haters do it! My boyfriend is not allowed to do any exercises in front of me or he gets to hear my wrath of envy and I’ve resorted to reading fitness blogs and watching exercise videos on Youtube during my spare time— that’s how desperate I am! At least when I’m back in the gym, I will be going HARD because I’ve already collected a month’s worth of workouts and right now, I’m dying in my chair because I can’t do any of them.
But anyway, speaking of excuses… here are some pathetic excuses I’ve used in the past:
- I’m too tired.
- I have no clean clothes. I now keep at least week’s worth in my gym locker. When my coworkers forget their gear, they all know who to ask! No excuses around me, nu-uh.
- I’m too busy.
- My iPod is dead.
- I feel uncomfortable at the gym.
- It’s still cold and dark outside. Morning workouts— I now sleep in my gear.
- I have no car.
- I left my runners at home.
- I’m too fat.
- Everyone will judge me.
- There are no more clean towels at the gym.
- I have no clean socks. I have at least 5 extra pairs now.
- I want to play Bejeweled.
Those were the old days. During my transition before I became a full-time fitness junkie, I once got to the gym and realized I left my iPod at home so I ended up driving 30 minutes home to get it then 30 minutes back to the gym. These days, I work out music or no music!
Another tiny confession: when I was 14 and working at McDonalds, I called in sick once because I was playing Bejeweled and didn’t want to give up all the points I’ve racked up.
What were your excuses?