Is it weird that I love love LOVE unseasoned boiled chicken leg? I love that pure taste of chicken dipped into a yummy ginger dipping sauce. I don’t mind eating it alone but it’s also good served with quinoa or steamed veggies… but especially good with white rice (think Hainanese Chicken Rice which is also one of my favorite dishes). I am not huge a fan of chicken breast and I know chicken legs are not as lean but it hit the spot and that’s all I care about. Over-consumption of chicken legs may not the be best idea if you have a lot of fat to lose but it can make a good and protein-packed meal.=! If you are concerned about your fat intake but want to indulge in this heavenly goodness, take the skin off to reduce the amount of fat.
First step: boil the chicken legs and then shred it for easy eating.
Ginger dipping sauce recipe:
- Lots of minced ginger
- 2tsp seasame oil
- 1tbsp grapeseed (apparently peanut oil is preferred but I like my version)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Green onion (not pictured below because I forgot to add)
Mix everything together and serve (I just throw everything in my Magic Bullet). You don’t need to measure ingredients and just add as much as you want. You can even add other ingredients such as soy sauce or red wine vinegar to build flavor but I keep mine pretty simple. It has healthy fats and lots of ginger along with it’s health benefits.
Benefits of Ginger:
- Ginger improves the absorption of essential nutrients in your body.
- Ginger can reduce motion sickness, cramps, gas, nausea, throat and nose congestion and sinus problems.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with joint pain.
- Ginger strengthens your immunity.
- Ginger can reduce the effects of morning sickness and stomach flu.