Aside from training to be a better, faster and stronger rider, I still have a lot to work on. Here is my current cycling checklist:
- Practice riding clipless. After years of avoiding a clipless pedal system because of a deathly fear of falling… I’ve given in.
- Learn how to fall gracefully (and take a bow) while riding clipless.
- Get use to being embarassed when I didn’t clip out in time at a busy intersection.
- Buy bandaids in bulk at Costco.
- Gain a better sense of direction (although this is hopeless).
- Stop being dependant on other people to navigate during rides (hopeless).
- Find more victims co-workers to go on morning training rides before work and use them to take the lead on the navigatin thing (much better plan).