- Working out is 80% mental.
- Workout harder. Not longer.
- Skipping makes you want to pee.
- Foam-roll your shins!!
- There is more to life than working out. Missing one workout isn’t going to affect you.
- Although not doing any high intensity interval training for 3+ weeks and trying to get back into it will make you feel like a weakling. So train consistently!
- High intensity is the best way to burn fat. Although that’s not to say you can’t do steady-state cardio if you truly enjoy it. The only “right way” is the way that works for you and the way that keeps you moving.
- You don’t need to do crunches to work your core. Lift heavy things. Walk around with heavy things. It will stabilize and strengthen your core.
- Just because you look fit doesn’t mean you are healthy.
- If you do a lot of endurance activities, you need carbs. A lot of carbs.
- Sugar is more harmful to your health than fat.
- The best “pre-workout” for me is a cup of coffee. Plus coffee is a super-food loaded with antioxidants. A cup a day (or two), sans sugar, is healthy and beneficial for your health.
- It’s okay to skip breakfast. It’s NOT the important meal of the day.
- There is no such thing as perfection.
- Mantras work.
- Ride and run without music— immerse yourself into nature or get lost in your thoughts and do some self-reflection.
- You are better than no one at the gym. No one is better than you.
- Good job, you lost the weight. Now how are you going to keep it off? HABITS. It’s not about dieting. It’s about changing your lifestyle.
- Train to add value to your life. Not to turn yourself into a miserable and antisocial human-being.
- Everyone’s bodies are different. What works for me may not work for you.
- It’s okay to eat crap… if you eat healthy 80% of the time. The whole point of living is to enjoy life and we all need our treats! We are ALL human.
- Working out too much = diminishing returns.
- Stretch, foam-roll, get massages, do yoga, take ice baths, use epsom salts… or you will regret it once all that lack of recovery hits you with painful knees, back problems, constant soreness and other fitness-related injuries.
- Work with what you have and be proud of it. To some people, abs come naturally. Unfortunately, that’s not me because I cannot commit to a 6-pack since I refuse to give up my favorite foods. I know I have great arms and shoulders so I can work with that instead! What about you? Don’t ever fret about what comes difficult and make the most out of what comes naturally.
It’s not about how many reps or how much weight you can lift or how fast you can go, but it’s about pushing and challenging yourself every time you train to make yourself better— physically, aesthetically and most importantly, mentally. Is health and fitness making you happier and feeling more confident?
At 24CARATINC, we teach you to be the CEO of your own life, and how to live it unapologetically and effortlessly.
We are all about doing what you love and staying in your own lane. Extreme self-awareness and curiosity is your biggest superpower. Plant seeds. 🌱
My background is in tech but now I am an expert on productivity-hacking, motivation, accountability, coaching, nutrition, and living a happy yet disciplined and committed lifestyle— and I’ve been doing so “effortlessly” for well over 10 years.
After years of studying and applying this skill we call DISCIPLINE, I’ve learned how important it is to be consistent to inspire others through implementing and cultivating good habits.
This is my journal and honestly I write but I rarely proofread. I don’t have time, and I gave up perfection a long time ago. I have been practicing this art of putting my thoughts on paper (or the web) since my mom gave me my first diary when I learned how to write. Just like my life, this journal is not perfect.