There are some people who are okay with living a conventional life which is 100% okay. There are some people who were born with innate curiosity and the urge to ask questions. I grew up reading biographies of powerful women, fantasy novels with female heroines, historical fiction, and was influenced by my mom. I was always enamoured by strength + leaders + exploring the world. I always knew that there was more to life than what society tells us. I don’t believe I have ever had a conventional mindset even in my teenage years.
I began my career less than 2 years after high school and it was a pretty awesome job where I literally woke up every day excited to go to work, good salary, good benefits, and a free 24/7 gym! I am forever grateful for the experience but the problem was that I couldn’t find any room for growth. I always knew that in order to grow, I needed to be exposed to different things, so I quit after working there for almost a decade.
If I didn’t my job:
- I would still be doing the same thing.
- I would have never learned how to hustle. Hustling is the greatest skill because once you cut away the chains of dependency from the comforts of a 9-5, you realize your potential, and can become truly independent + wealthy– in both money and #TIMEFREEDOM (my most important value).
- I would’ve never been exposed to as many industries as I have now. Experience is the most valuable education.
- I would’ve not had the chance to travel, and + ride my bike around the world.
- I would have not developed my resilience, grit, and adaptability.
- I would not have made France my “second home”, which was something I’ve been manifesting since I was a little girl, obsessed with history. I use to write a lot about France, and Marie Antoinette on this blog (v1, before half of my archives got erased from a database mishap). I don’t think I ever consciously worked towards it because it was never a “goal” but I subconsciously manifested it to reality, and I didn’t realize this until a few months ago. It just goes to show that you can really make your dreams come true.
- I would have not lived in Beverly Hills which strangely, I also manifested when I was young & obsessed with “I Love Lucy’… enamoured by the glitz and glam of Beverly Hills.
- I would have never realized that even though most of us don’t know what we want in life– going through all these experiences, I learned WHAT I DON’T WANT. I try not to repeat the mistakes I see other people make that doesn’t align with my personal values. This is just another way of learning!
- And most importantly, I would have never had the chance to meet all these amazing teachers that have been part of my journey. Without their influence, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
- If this sounds like something you want, what are you waiting for? It’s never too late to start living!! You won’t regret it!