I read a lot of health and fitness blogs and they make me feel somewhat of an outcast in the world of “healthy blogging” but I guess that’s why I (re-)named my blog I Fucking Love Fitness and not I Fucking Love Health. I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and am a huge follower of the 80/20 rule. I’m not strict with my diet, I eat processed foods, I don’t always buy organic or grass-fed, I don’t agree with the Vegan lifestyle, I use plastic and store-bought deodorant, I don’t like running, yoga, bar method and zumba …but so what? I live in a paradox and I don’t really care because I pay for all my sins with healthy amount of exercise, I feel amazing and my vain-self is very satisfied with the way my body looks.
I’ve been blogging for over 10 years now and even though I went from a “everything under the sun blogger” to “fashion/beauty blogger” and now to “health and fitness blogger,” I will always be true to myself and write for myself first and foremost. I would never pretend to love chicken breast, kale and yoga just because that’s what everyone else loves. Even though I’m known for things related to health and fitness and I should be showing the world how committed I am to this lifestyle, I am human. I also always tend to blog/tweet/Instagram everything that goes against what this blog is all about— poutine, MSG-filled Chinese dinners, sugar-filled desserts… I do eat salads and oatmeal on my spare time but don’t you think that is a little boring to announce to the world? Who knows, maybe in 5 years I will be a health nazi but now is not the time.
Here are some more of my food confessions:
- I’ve never had a day of 100% clean-eating. I indulge everyday!
- I hate cooking. I secretly wish my boyfriend would cook for me everyday.
- Almond butter is meh. Please pass the peanut butter!
- I really can’t get myself to like coconut oil.
- Greek yogurt is only okay in small quantities.
- Kale is meh. Kale in my smoothies is even more meh. I prefer parsley.
- I label apples, oranges, bananas and berries as “boring fruits” because they are available cheap and year-round. These are fruits I often use in smoothies and baking. I adore other fruits such as watermelon, mango, lychee, cherries and nectarines and I prefer to eat them by itself— I think using them in cooking or smoothies is such a waste because you can’t fully taste the flavors!
- If I paid for my meal, I would eat every single bite. And I’m not shy about finishing my friends’ food if they don’t finish it!
- People always tell me they eat a lot but when I see them eat, I’m thinking, really?
- I think some bloggers have an unhealthy addiction to healthy eating.
- I usually buy a rotisserie chicken in the beginning of the week, shred it and eat it with salads for lunch during the week. I’m lazy.
- I keep a lot of food and snacks at work but at least I bring all my food, right? By the end of the week, I usually have a giant bag full of clean Tupperware to bring home— since I randomly bike to work, I bring everything in on Monday and home on Fridays when I usually get a ride.
- I think ordering a salad at a restaurant is the stupid… but I sometimes do depending on the restaurant if I can’t stand anything else on the menu (eg. Boston Pizza). *shakes fist*
- I like to eat while working, reading, watching tv… or doing something I enjoy. I never just “sit at the table and eat.” Nope.
- I’m addicted to food. Even though I binge on healthy and clean foods, sometimes I’ll eat even when I’m not hungry and continue eating even when I’m about to burst.
- Every time I hear about someone I know going on some ridiculous diet or “cleanse,” I just want to shake them and tell them to get their act together, find some motivation and commit to exercise and clean-eating!! Most of the time anyway. Since we all need our cravings once in a while.
- Even though I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and usually have a clean diet, I still eat junk food …with no guilt.
What are some of your food confessions?