I swear I’m not angry. I just thought this entry would be interesting. Well I think so at least.
- When “fitness gurus” think their way is the only way or the best way.
- People who cheat on workouts. What’s the point? You’re the only one losing.
- People who underestimate my fitness level. Or anyone’s fitness level.
- People who don’t care about form and only finishing a workout. I know it shouldn’t bug me but I get really annoyed when I see people doing half-assed squats because they don’t want to be the last one to finish. I’m near the end all the time? So what?
- People who tell me I’m not doing the exercise correctly when they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. As one of my coaches told me, “they’re just ignorant.”
- Unfit, unhealthy people telling me what I should eat and how I should workout… when I didn’t ask for advice in the first place. My way has been working for me for a long time and your way clearly has not been working for you.
- When people (mostly girls) see me for the first time in a long time and the first thing they say is, “you lost weight!!” Why is that the first thing people ALWAYS notice? And then they tell me to eat more. Then they ask me for weight-loss advice.
- When someone tells me my chest didn’t hit the ground on my last push up when they can’t even do a push-up!
- When people think the only reason I exercise is because I’m trying to lose weight. Do I look like I should be smaller than I am? Maintain maybe but not lose. That’s not the only reason people exercise!
- When guys race me on the bike lanes because I’m a girl. I’ve never had a leisurely ride to or from work because once someone tries to pull ahead of me, I get annoyed and have to stay ahead of them. And then they turn to look at me while they pass me… at an intersection when I had to slow down. I passed you on ALL the hills. I win. Harharhar.
- People who don’t wear deodorant at the gym.
- And those with no gym etiquette.
- People who read my blog and think they know exactly what I eat and how I train and then make assumptions. I’m sorry but just because I post a summary of my workouts doesn’t mean you know all the details.
- It’s not my fault you don’t take responsibility and follow up with anything you read and chose to believe.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. – Mark Twain
- “Omigod you eat poutine?! You’re a bad influence and SUCH a hypocrite.” I’ve regularly stated that I believe in balance and I want to live… and to me, and fitness and poutine is balance.
- How muscle is so hard to maintain while fat can creep back whenever it wants. Huge sigh.
What are YOUR fitness pet peeves?