Blogging to me, is a strong source of therapy and self-discovery. Have you ever thought of starting a personal blog? Well it\’s never a bad time to start!
- Don\’t start a blog solely to make money if it\’s your first. Try starting a casual/personal blog first to see how you\’ll like it first because it can only be successful if you really enjoy writing and not treat it just as another \”job.\”
- Write for your readers AND yourself but don\’t feel like you have to hold yourself back from what you want to say because it is your blog.
- We all know bloggers are narcissistic to some degree but don\’t try to be funny if your not. And please don\’t classify yourself as a \”humor blogger\” because the best humor bloggers are the ones who are natural witty writers and don\’t need to tell the world they are funny (eg. Dooce).
- Don\’t pretend to be all nice and sweet if your not because that\’s boring! We all hate arrogant people but I think it spices up a blog (just don\’t overdo it). Some people\’s blogs get popular because of their cocky personalities but I shall leave them unnamed (even though I enjoy reading them too). :o I\’m not saying you should be arrogant but don\’t be afraid to show your true personality.
- It\’s okay to be bi-polar once in a while. It makes things interesting. :P
- I mentioned this before, but it\’s worth another: blog in conversational tone!! It would avoid your entries being skipped through out of hundreds of other blogs we subscribe to because it\’s quick and easy to read.
- Reply to your commentators! You don\’t have to reply to ALL of them because time is a luxury but if he/she repeatedly comments on your entries, it\’s courtesy to say a little thank you.