- 1 cup brown rice, cooked (1/2 c dry)
- 1 head butter or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 oz. imitation crab meat or cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced (and peeled if not organic)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 T pickled ginger, chopped (available in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 3 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T light soy sauce
- Wasabi powder to taste (start with 1/2 t)
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1 large sheet nori (seaweed), toasted and broken into small pieces
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Divide clean, dry and chopped lettuce among four large bowls. Top with crab meat, avocado, cucumber, carrot and ginger. Drizzle dressing over salads, then top with sesame seeds and nori.
- Makes 4 servings at about 200 Calories each