Delicious, guilt-free … om om om.
- I’m leaving for Europe in a week. I’m honestly not that excited nor thinking about it which, I assume, is a good thing because I’m living in the moment and I’m sure I’ll have blast once my vacation starts. I may freak out when I board the plane and finally realize what I’m doing but I’m good for now!
- It’s so like me— I had almost 10 months to plan yet I’m scrambling the last-minute. I just booked my last flight and did a last-minute order for some travel gear on Amazon— hopefully it’ll arrive on time. Oops.
- I’m also going to be cycling up Mont Ventoux a month into my Europe trip and I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing any training for it either. Yep, going to wing it.
- My best friend once forced me to do the Ride to Conquer Cancer (before I got into cycling), and she’s up to her mischief again and somehow talked me into doing Tough Mudder FOUR DAYS after I fly back from Paris. Going to wing that too. She better be ready to carry me through the mud.
- But honestly, I am going to try get in some dreaded running (important for Tough Mudder) during my vacation (which will most likely turn into short sprints). When I get home, I’ll squeeze in a couple of Grouse Grinds and hope I’ll be ready. I have nothing to lose anyway! Tough Mudder is only has hard as you make it to be.
- I’ll be doing my last big [local] climb this Saturday followed by a 70km ride. Hopefully I can squeeze in some short rides early next week but I have a feeling I would rather lift weights and do yoga instead… to keep my metabolism up for my trip. Harharhar.
- My vacation workout plan is filled with 15 minute HIIT workouts, try hit up spin classes whenever I can, the dreaded running and lots of walking. I’ll be bringing my speed rope and my balls… for massage!
- That reminds me, I should really go say bye to the RMT, which is also an excuse to get a massage.
- The last month, I’ve been lifting a lot of weights, doing a lot of cycling, recovering with tons of Bikram’s and eating fairly clean (only on weekdays as usual) to prepare myself for the massive food fest coming up. I’ve been trying to squeeze in as many workouts as I can and trying to use up my Bikram’s classes before I leave.
- The weather is also getting warmer which means I’m more inclined to wake up earlier to exercise before work. I’m usually up at 5am at least three times a week to either cycle or do hot yoga and that always makes for a great day!
- I’m also watching my friend’s adorable mini goldendoodle, Toby again until I leave. He makes our lives’ so happy!
All my favorites: Sushi, Bun Bo Hue and Poutine.